Auditions!! Auditions!! Auditions!!
Production: All My Sons
Author: Arthur Miller
Auditions: Tuesday 6 January, Wednesday 7 January, 2015
Location: 5 Hakalanit Street, Gan Haim (near Kfar Saba/Ra'anana)
Production Dates: Mid February to End April (Excluding Pessach Holidays)
Rehearsals: Beginning January to Mid February
To book an audition time, please contact Grant at 052 374 8996 or Daniella at 052 631 5045
Please note that shows will be taking place during school hours. Rehearsals will take place both during the day and in the evening depending on actor's schedules.
- Joe Keller - (Approx 61) A war profiteer who sold defective cylinder heads to the Air Force during World War II. He was exonerated when he lied and placed the blame on his partner, Steve Deever. He is a gruff and wealthy businessman.
- Kate Keller - (50's) Joe’s wife, she is in denial about the death of her son Larry, who died in the war in a plane crash. She knows of Joe’s guilt, but has never told anyone. She insists that Larry is still alive, and can’t permit Chris to marry his former fiancee, Annie.
- Chris Keller (Mid 30's) - Their son, a moral, upright, and idealistic young man. He is in love with Annie Deever and intends to marry her.
- Annie Deever (Mid 20's) - Steve’s daughter, previously engaged to Larry Keller. She is a kind and gentle girl, beloved by all, but has cut ties with her father because she believes him guilty of that for which he has been imprisoned. She possesses a letter proving that Larry committed suicide out of shame for what his father had done.
- George Deever (Mid 30's) - Annie’s brother, he is now a lawyer. After visiting his father in prison, he becomes convinced ofSteve’s innocence and Joe’s guilt, and comes to break up Annie’s intended marriage to Chris.
- Jim Bayliss (40's) - A doctor and a neighbor and friend to the Kellers. He has always suspected Joe’s guilt, but has never vocalized his suspicions.
- Sue Bayliss (40's) - Jim’s wife, she is much more vocal about her suspicions, which are shared by the entire neighborhood.
- Frank Lubey (Mid 30's) - Neighbor to the Kellers on the other side, Frank believes in horoscopes, and has been asked by Kate to cast one for Larry for the day he supposedly died. When he does so, he finds it full of good omens and reports that Larry surely must be alive.
- Lydia Lubey (Mid to late 20's) - Frank’s wife and mother ofhis three children; formerly in love with George Deever, and it’s obvious that their affection has never fully dissipated.
All My Sons established Arthur Miller as one of the greatest playwrights of the 20th Century. The play tells the story of an American family caught up in the struggle between personal responsibility and duty to their country. Set on an idyllic summer's day in Joe and Kate Keller’s backyard, the play revolves around a visit by Ann, who was previously engaged to Larry, Joe and Kate's youngest son who went missing (later revealed as having died) during World War II. Their oldest son, Chris, is planning to propose to Ann during her visit. Her visit is a catalyst to the discovery that Joe had been involved in war profiteering, marketing substandard workmanship on warplanes that caused the deaths of many, the son included (in an indirect way), destroys what were already tenuous family ties. Though the root of the conflict is dated, the interactions among family members resonate with family struggles that are with us far too often today.